Monday, November 3, 2014

Autobiography



Autobiography
         I was born in Los Angeles, California on January 31, 1998. I am from a Korean background. English is my secondary language. However, I am more comfortable speaking English than any other language. I was first introduced to English was during preschool. I attended a Korean Dual Language Program (KDLP) to refresh my Korean speaking skills. I have been attending this program for almost 9 years now. Therefore, I am fluent in both Korean and English. The elementary school that I attended was Wilton Place Elementary. The school was amazing because it hosted two festivals a year where there were games and prizes to win. It also gave me an opportunity to interact with my friends and compete for prizes. Then after my graduation from Wilton Place, I attended John Burroughs Middle School. This was a time when students started to get influenced by “drugs.” My friends and teachers taught me about how drugs influence middle school students and ways to avoid them. This was a crucial lesson that helped me focus on school assignments and to avoid peer pressure. After my culmination from John Burroughs Middle School, I have decided to attend Fairfax Senior High School. Attending Fairfax was a turning point in my life. It helped me to grow more mature in the way I think and behave. High school gave me a glimpse of what real life is like. I have been attending Fairfax high for three years. During my attendance at this school, I have experienced the effects of drugs on students, consequences of bringing a weapon, robbery, and other crimes. Experiencing these supported me to become mature and to choose the right path to success.  
            My favorite subject is Mathematics. Since second or the third grade, my teacher noticed my talent in math. I have specific interest in mathematics because it requires critical thinking and problem solving skills. What I also like about mathematics is that it is a universal language. It is fascinating how I am able to communicate with other ethnicities with the usage of words. My love for math thrived me to take an Ap Calculus AB math course to challenge myself. My interests are in the field of architecture. An architect must have great knowledge of math, must be able to fix flaws on the design structures, and best of all, to think creatively and critically.
            As a first-time AP student, it is my goal to tackle any challenging tasks and assignments given to me. Even though I am comfortable speaking English, I struggle sometimes to use the correct grammar structure or the vocabulary. Reading books are not in my interest. I would prefer to socialize with my friends or play thrilling video games. By taking this challenging class, I would like to familiarize myself with different styles of writing and literature. I would also like to improve my skills on writing sophisticated essays in a short period of time. The most important aspect I want to achieve in this class is the ability to express my feelings with words.
            As a student, I am hard working and persistent. Most of the time I finish my assignments first in order to turn them in on time. I strongly believe that cooperation with various groups of people would help develop social skills, which is required for every occupation. Working in groups will benefit me to learn a certain subject in many different perspectives. I like to share opinions and contribute to the subject. I like to argue and debate certain subjects because it helps develop our creativity and confidence. By learning, all these skills in this class would certainly benefit me in the end.         
            The most memorable moment during my school career was when I made ice cream during science class in the eighth grade. We had a special lab experiment that everyone expected. The lab was about how we can create ice cream from scratch. First, we poured vanilla milk and sugar into a container to create a solution. Then, we use a bucket filled with ice and salt. The salt helped lower the temperature of the ice to below freezing. After solidifying the solution it was time to test the ice cream. To be honest, ice cream made from scratch is not as enjoyable as the store-bought ice creams.  I have noticed that store-bought ice creams were full of artificial flavorings to enhance the flavor of the ice cream. Still, it was a great experience to make ice creams with my fellow classmates.
To sum it all, I was born in Los Angeles, California. I have attended Wilton Place Elementary, John Burroughs Middle School, and currently attending Fairfax High School. My favorite subject is mathematics and I love the sport of baseball. I am a hard-working, persistent, and bilingual student. I hope I can leave high school with the proper education and skills needed for college and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment